It's good to have a retirement plan, but how do you plan for a loved ones retirement? Well the first step is to celebrate! DEMI+CO have collected five of our best retirement gifts so you can help your loved ones celebrate their new lives of rest and relaxation with style and sentiment.
1. Bronn Magnetic Link Copper Bracelet This robust copper silver plated bracelet is ideal for the robust retiree, a strong link design makes this bracelet perfect for the retired hobbyist who needs a reliable link and a reliable look.
2. Saturn Magnetic Link Copper Bracelet Like the Bronn this bracelet is strong sturdy linked copper, but the oxidised affect gives it definition perfect for the stylish retiree who wants to make a statement, assuming that statement is "I'm too cool for work!"
3. Nova Copper Bracelet This bracelet is the best retirement gift for the active retiree, the narrow links with feathered detail are visually sunning whilst the strong clasp will keep it secure during any sporty activities.
4. Sentient Magnetic Copper Bracelet For a classic, sleek, masculine look the Sentient bracelet sports large copper links reminiscent of armour that are oxidised to add colour and depth.
5. Xtreme Copper Bracelet Alternating wide and narrow copper links give this bracelet an iconic look for both professional life and post-professional life, ideal as a pick me up gift to spur the soon to be retiree past the finish line.
Why not see if your local college, school, library, community centre or senior citizen centre offers any of these classes below. The local library, leisure centre and newspaper may have a wealth of information on classes, clubs and groups that you can join or be apart of.
- Pick a nostalgic theme – 50’s, 60’s or 70’s or go glam with Hollywood or how about a theme based on the activity that the retiree will look forward during retirement e.g. pool/beach party
- Plan a fitting cake around the theme – go retro or theme it to their favourite hobbies e.g. knitting, travelling, sky dive or bungee!
- Party Invites – make sure they match the theme
- Pick a playlist with relevant tunes for the retirement and mix in their favourite tunes too
- Cater accordingly – try and select drinks and nibbles according to the theme – if you are going for a Hollywood theme then go all out with sushi, prosecco and mini sliders or if your going for a 70’s theme old fashioned cocktails, prawn vol au vents and cheese and pineapple sticks would work great
- Slideshow and speeches – a necessary addition for a good send off, seeing pictures and having friends, family or colleagues talk about your accomplishments is going to be the highlight
-Games – no party can be called a party if there are no games. How about a retirement quiz, a retirement pin the handle on the suitcase or a game of bingo
Here at DEMI+CO, we pride ourselves on our customer service and we feel that communication is key. We love receiving feedback from all of our wonderful customers and welcome any questions or queries we receive over email or social media. We always like to respond to our customers as quickly as possible and answer any queries you might have about our lovingly-designed products.
This is why we have put together this FAQs blog post on our very popular range of Gold Hoop Earrings to answer your most frequently asked questions and to put them all in one place for you to access simply. If you do have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to contact us – we’d be happy to help and we’d love to hear from you!
Our Gold Hoop Earrings make up some of our own favourite pieces from our brand – and you guys seem to love them too! Many of our styles are featured on our Best Sellers list and we love receiving all the positive feedback from all you hoop lovers out there. We believe that Gold Hoop Earrings are a staple part of any jewellery box and we love them no matter their shape or size.
So, whether you’re looking for big hoops, small hoops, plain hoops or intricately designed hoops, you’ve come to the right place!
The big 3-0. Some people dread turning thirty, while other people welcome it. No matter how you feel about leaving your twenties behind, remember that age is just a number and you’re still fabulous at any stage in your life.
“A birthday is just another day where you go to work and people give you love. Age is just a state of mind, and you are as old as you think you are. You have to count your blessings and be happy.” – Abhishek Bachchan
Why not write a list of things you’ve always wanted to do? Like learning how to surf, going on a trip to Japan or getting a tattoo. Write down all of the things you really want to do or achieve and set yourself a time goal to have completed it by. Maybe a year, 5 years or before your 40th birthday. It’s a great way to motivate yourself and remind yourself of all the fantastic times you have ahead of you!
“The year you were born marks only your entry into the world. Other years where you prove your worth, they are the ones worth celebrating.” – Jarod Kintz
Maybe you are reading this for some ideas on gifts for your sister, daughter or friend to celebrate her 30th birthday. A thoughtful gift idea would be to write her a letter of all the amazing things she has achieved in her life so far and what makes you proud of her. List your favourite things about her and tell her why she means so much to you.
Accompany this letter with a beautiful piece of jewellery to make it the most thoughtful, show stopping gift she could wish for, that she’ll treasure for years to come.
We at DEMI+CO have put together a list of our top 10 jewellery gift ideas for her.
When it comes to weddings, it’s important to remember the Father of the Bride. The act of ‘giving the her away’ is an important part of many brides’ big days. When asking someone to give you away, it can be nice to accompany this with a gift to mark the occasion and let the recipient know how much they mean to you.
Maybe you’ve chosen your Dad, Stepfather, Brother, Uncle or best friend to give you away and you want a way to say thank you. You might be the groom-to-be and you’re looking for a gift for her Dad, to let him know you appreciate him welcoming you into the family – or maybe you just want to spoil your own Dad and thank him for his years of advice.
Whatever the reason, here at DEMI+CO we have put together a list of our TOP 10 gifts for him, to let him know you’re grateful for all that he does.