It's good to have a retirement plan, but how do you plan for a loved ones retirement? Well the first step is to celebrate! DEMI+CO have collected five of our best retirement gifts so you can help your loved ones celebrate their new lives of rest and relaxation with style and sentiment.
1. Bronn Magnetic Link Copper Bracelet This robust copper silver plated bracelet is ideal for the robust retiree, a strong link design makes this bracelet perfect for the retired hobbyist who needs a reliable link and a reliable look.
2. Saturn Magnetic Link Copper Bracelet Like the Bronn this bracelet is strong sturdy linked copper, but the oxidised affect gives it definition perfect for the stylish retiree who wants to make a statement, assuming that statement is "I'm too cool for work!"
3. Nova Copper Bracelet This bracelet is the best retirement gift for the active retiree, the narrow links with feathered detail are visually sunning whilst the strong clasp will keep it secure during any sporty activities.
4. Sentient Magnetic Copper Bracelet For a classic, sleek, masculine look the Sentient bracelet sports large copper links reminiscent of armour that are oxidised to add colour and depth.
5. Xtreme Copper Bracelet Alternating wide and narrow copper links give this bracelet an iconic look for both professional life and post-professional life, ideal as a pick me up gift to spur the soon to be retiree past the finish line.
Why not see if your local college, school, library, community centre or senior citizen centre offers any of these classes below. The local library, leisure centre and newspaper may have a wealth of information on classes, clubs and groups that you can join or be apart of.
- Pick a nostalgic theme – 50’s, 60’s or 70’s or go glam with Hollywood or how about a theme based on the activity that the retiree will look forward during retirement e.g. pool/beach party
- Plan a fitting cake around the theme – go retro or theme it to their favourite hobbies e.g. knitting, travelling, sky dive or bungee!
- Party Invites – make sure they match the theme
- Pick a playlist with relevant tunes for the retirement and mix in their favourite tunes too
- Cater accordingly – try and select drinks and nibbles according to the theme – if you are going for a Hollywood theme then go all out with sushi, prosecco and mini sliders or if your going for a 70’s theme old fashioned cocktails, prawn vol au vents and cheese and pineapple sticks would work great
- Slideshow and speeches – a necessary addition for a good send off, seeing pictures and having friends, family or colleagues talk about your accomplishments is going to be the highlight
-Games – no party can be called a party if there are no games. How about a retirement quiz, a retirement pin the handle on the suitcase or a game of bingo
Here at DEMI+CO we are passionate about what we do. There’s a lot that goes on behind the scenes, from sourcing top quality materials to choosing stunning designs that our customers love! One of our most popular range of products is our copper and magnetic bracelets. We have a gorgeous collection of bracelets to suit every taste and whilst our designs are perfect for a unisex gift, we know that our more masculine designs are loved by men far and wide.
Christmas is right around the corner, so what better gifts for him than one of our lovely copper bracelets for men? We’ve put together a guide on our copper bracelets, including the history of copper and the excellent properties of this special metal that makes in beneficial toward your health.
At DEMI+CO, we know there is no ‘one size fits all’ when it comes to gift giving and that everyone has their own distinctive tastes. Never the less, we know that sometimes we need ideas and with Christmas coming up, it’s a busy time for all of us to come up with gift ideas for those hard to buy for in our lives!
As we are all spending more time than ever at home, our new wall art range makes excellent gifts for her and gifts for him. Comfortable and beautiful surroundings is important for our wellbeing and adding personal touches can really make a place feel like home. We offer a pay for download with our prints, so that you can print at home straightaway and pop into a quirky frame or you can pre-order your prints in a variety of sizes to suit you, if you prefer a traditional way of ordering your wall prints.
Black and white wall art is a very popular way to add a finishing touch to your home and can provide unique designs, such as favourite quotes, mantras or even animals to add to your surroundings. Choosing to gift someone one of our wall prints, shows that you know what kind of thing they like and you take notice of what they love to surround themselves with.
Ever wondered what the benefits of wearing a copper bracelet were? Ever wondered what the drawbacks to wearing one would be? If you are looking for more information about copper, copper bracelets and a honest portrayal of copper bracelets then look no further, you’ve come to the right place! We at DEMI+CO have put together a list of pro’s and cons of wearing a copper bracelet.
Copper is an essential nutrient required in our bodies; copper does no harm when it worn. Copper has been used as a health aid for decades and it is a pure metal like silver and gold, it is a malleable metal and it conducts heat in a similar manner. Copper wristbands can help with a number of ailments and may help with achy joints and poor circulation. Copper is also a very durable and long-lasting material; it has been used for centuries and has lasted centuries also. Historically copper was used for utensils like pots and spoons before it was worn as jewellery. Nowadays copper can be used for a number of things from homeware, electrical as well as beauty and jewellery.