Caring for your jewellery
To keep the jewellery in perfect condition:
Ensure necklaces and bracelets are fastened, to minimise any scratching or tangling to your jewellery
- Avoid getting items getting wet and avoid contact with perfumes, make up, deodorant or anything similar
- If you are wearing perfume with any of our jewellery please apply it to the skin first, then allow some time for it to be absorbed before wearing our jewellery. Alcohol and acids within perfumes, aftershaves and cleaning products can cause damage and discolouration to all types of jewellery. We do not accept perfume damaged returns.
- Avoid against bathing, showering or swimming whilst wearing the jewellery
- Take the jewellery off at night, before sleeping
- Store your jewellery away from the sun and be careful not to allow perfumes, make up, body and sun creams to touch your pieces as these can tarnish plated items.
Copper and Magnetic
- Please note that if you are pregnant, have a heart condition and or wear a pacemaker do NOT wear any magnetic jewellery
- Copper is natural product and you can clean it by occasionally washing it with lukewarm, soapy water. Then, dry and polish with a soft cloth.
- Green/black marks on your skin is harmless surplus copper residue left on your skin. It can be easily washed off with warm soapy water.
- When your copper is not in use, store in a airtight jewelry box or a sealed pouch
- After wearing it and before placing it in the jewellery box, make sure to wipe it dry. Humidity in the air, oils from your skin and other factors can accelerate the tarnishing process.
- Loose or small magnets are also dangerous for little children so please be aware of this and keep out of their reach.
We try and ensure that our jewellery and accessories are of the highest quality, we also go to great lengths to make sure that we describe and illustrate our products as accurately as possible but the colour, finish and shape may differ from one item to another. We do have to stipulate that everyone’s skin is different, and unfortunately this means that not everyone can wear all types of jewellery. Although extremely rare, some people are allergic to the metals and finishes commonly used in making jewellery. We do urge our customers to take responsibility to be aware of any allergies he or she may have to metals, or oxidation applied to metals prior to making a purchase. Because there is no way for us to know the medical history of our customers, DEMI+CO will not be held liable for any allergic reactions that may occur as a result of wearing our jewellery.
Some DEMI+CO jewellery does contain small parts, pendants, earrings, charms etc which may possibly be a choking hazard if ingested. Ensure necklaces and bracelets are fastened. Please keep all jewellery parts and products away and out of reach from children, pets and any other individuals likely to ingest the jewellery or its component parts. Jewellery should never be placed in the mouth due to risk of choking.